Thursday, September 3, 2020

Countdown

I signed up for the University of Edinburgh philosophy course. It is only 5 weeks, so I will probably turn to other resources for the remaining 6 or 8 weeks.

I did the first week of the Edinburgh class on Monday. It took about an hour, so I supplemented it with another hour from a Yale introduction to philosophy class. I like both classes very much, but the Edinburgh class is short, and the Yale class is more in depth, but it takes a historical approach. It would be more accurately described as the History of Philosophy, very interesting but not as useful.

One essential task was to create a chart of my weekly schedule like what schools give to students, something I can put on my desktop and have lying around so that I know what I planned to be doing at any particular time. 

I have prepared a syllabus for each of the three classes, to specify the material covered each week. I will post the syllabi once I have been going a few weeks. Before then there may need to be some further adjustments.